Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dessert, Birthdays and our little Hula Hooper

The last two days have been full of great picture opportunities! So I am combining them into one post. Last night for dessert Chris bought strawberries, blue berries, ice cream and short cake. After dinner the kids were dying for the dessert. So I put ice cream on the short cake and then gave them the strawberries and blue berries to decorate their dessert however they wanted. Caymin made hers pretty with strawberries around the sides of the ice cream and blue berries on top. They were all coordinated and balanced just like something her mom would do!! :) Carson on the other hand was more concerned about decorating the plate around the dessert. The items that are actually on the ice cream are only there because I put them there showing him how to do it. It didn't matter, he wanted to do it his way. I guess in a fancy restaurant that is what they do, decorate the plate around the dessert! :) Got love him for being who he is!! No matter what they looked like they tasted Great!!!! Thanks Daddy for the treat! Today we celebrated Landon's (my nephew) 10th birthday. He had a party at his house with lots of water, water guns, bottle rockets and more! The kids had a ball. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you today!! Then we stopped at Target to pick up a few things and Caymin found a hula hoop she wanted to buy with her money. She kept saying that she really knew how to do it good because she had practiced so much on the Wii Fit (Wii Ftt is an exercise game we have on the Wii)!!! I laughed and told Chris what a waste of $5! I can barley hula hoop, she will never be able to do that and will be done with it before the nights over! Boy did she prove me wrong. As soon as we got home she got it out and took off!!! I counted for her once to see how many times she could get the hoop to go around with out it stopping or touching it with her hands, I counted 75 TIMES!!! I was so impressed!! Check out the video. That was one of the first times she tried. The more she did it the better she was!!! Not sure if that is a sign of an athlete or a circus performer, but we were impressed either way!!


Caymin and her Masterpiece!

Carson with his!

BTW - Chris decided this week that he could cut Carson's hair just like the guys at the barber shop cut his! "Easy" he said!! I was not in favor at all! He tried and look how bad it turned out! It just kept getting shorter and shorter every time he tried to fix the unevenness! Of course Chris blames it on how wiggly Carson is and that he did not have help, but I warned him!!! All we can pray is that it will grow out before we go to the beach in July!! I wanted to take pictures on the beach!

Ms. Dawnie, we will never stray again!! :)

The girls and Carson playing in the water!!The girls had Carson in the bucket of water!
Caymin practicing volleyball with Gommer!
Carson getting ready to pull the string to shoot the bottle rocket flying into the air! It was a two liter bottle filled with a little water and pumped full of air. When you pull the cord, it takes off like a rocket! Look in the top left hand corner of the picture to see how high the 2 liter bottle went flying up into the air!
Happy Birthday to Landon!
Caymin practicing her Hula Hoop!
Carson wanted a turn too!


Our Little Hula Hooper!
What she is talking about in the video when she says "it almost went around my neck"...in Wii fit when you get going fast, the hula hoops start circling around your neck. That is what she thinks will eventually happen when she gets better!! :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

Go Caymin, it's your birthday not holiday do it anyway! HEEEEEEEEEEY

apc24_13_21 said...

Way to go Caymin! And Chris did a good job on Carson's hair. It looked just fine today at church. :)

Julie said...

Way to go Caymin! She needs to try Shelly's 4 pound hula hoop next!

Carson's hair looks cute....he looked cute as can be at church today!