Today was Poppa's birthday. We went over to Poppa's house around noon to swim, hang out with Poppa and have dinner at the Red Robin! Nana had bought Poppa a little cake and told the kids it was a secret but she got a cake for Poppa and put it in the fridge! As soon as Poppa came back out from being inside, Carson went up to him and said, "Poppa, I have a secret. We have cake from you in the fridge, but don't tell!" He is a mess! So we went ahead and sang, let him blow out his candles and open his presents before dinner. My kids were so excited to eat their desert first! :) Then we got ready and headed to Red Robin for dinner. We offered to take Poppa to the Red Robin, first because we love it of course and second because we had a free hamburger for his birthday! I may be cheap but I have good taste! :) On the way up to eat we stopped by to see Granny! My 88 year old Granny broke her hip a few months back but is bouncing back! She is a trooper and still lives by herself in an apartment below my aunt! Anyway, we love Granny and are glad she is feeling better! Our dinner was great, of course and then all the waiters and waitresses came out to sing Happy Birthday to Dad. He had already said he did not want that, but they did it anyway bringing him an ice cream sunday too! I think Nana and the kids ate more of it than he did! As we were leaving the kids both wanted a balloon. My kids both have this thing about getting balloons, taking them outside and letting them go so that Mimi, my grandmother that passed away almost 2 years ago, can get them in heaven! They are both so sweet and so excited about sending Mimi a present. Carson let his go right outside the restaurant but Caymin waited until we got home! They are too sweet and hope they will always remember their Mimi! :) All in all, we had a great day celebrating Poppa's Birthday! I added a few cute random pictures and a funny, but mean, video in here too! An explanation of the "Poppa Hackin Dog" in the title - My dad's friends call him Jacky Wayne Hackin Dog. He is a golfer, therefor a hacker! Long story but we told Carson that one day and now he has been calling Dad everything from Hot Dog Jean (my moms name and I guess Hot Dog sounds like Hackin Dog?) to Poppa Hackin Dog! :)
Poppa playing basketball with the kids!
Carson being silly in the lounge chair!
Happy Birthday Day Poppa!
The kid were walking inside the walker while Granny was using it and walking behind them. I think the kids got to going a little fast and Granny decided she better let go before she fell and got another broken hip! :)
The whole restaurant was singing a clapping. Poppa Loved It!!
Caymin and Poppa sharing the sunday!
Carson wanted some too!
Nana and Caymin outside the restaurant!
Caymin sending her balloon to Mimi!!
Just a picture of the kiddos!!
This is how we found Caymin sleeping last night. I think she all her stuffed animals around her to protect her! :)
I know I am a mean mom!! This video is a little shaky because I was laughing! I know I set her up but I was thinking ahead and how this could be the winner on Funny Home Videos! :)
2 comments:
looks like a day full of fun....Happy Birthday Poppa!!!
Awww, Happy Birthday Mr. Stephens! Love all the pictures- the balloons going up to MiMi are precious!! Glad your Granny is doing so well!
Post a Comment