Thursday, October 30, 2008

Poptart's Circle of Beanies!

Back in there hay day, my mother-in-law and I collected Beanie Babies. She much more than I! We both still have tons of them pack away in our homes. We laugh a lot about why we thought those were going to be worth something and what do we do with them now! Well the other day Poptart called Lisa, my sister-in-law, and I to tell us he had a big surprise for everyone after lunch Sunday to bring our cameras! So we did. After he got it set up, he took the kids in the play room with their eyes closed and put them inside the circle of Beanies!! They opened their eyes and looked around trying to figure it out. Poptart told them that they were for them so they immediately started claiming the ones they wanted. After asking a few questions, we quickly realized the Poptart had bought these beanies at a thrift shop! They were not part of the 500 that Gommer has up stairs, he had BOUGHT MORE!! I think we hurt his feelings because Lisa and I both did not acted excited and asked the kids to leave them at Poptarts!!
To help the situation, I have since allowed Caymin to bring home a Kroger bag full, that she has of course already forgotten about, that I am taking to her teacher at school so they can go in the treasure box!! :) Win Win for everyone! Poptarts feelings aren't hurt, Caymin got to bring home a bag FULL of beanies, I don't have to add more to our collection and the treasure box gets a donation. :)
What??
I want this one.....

1 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, won't it be fun when you inherit the other 500 one day!