We started swimming lessons for both kids on Monday. A lady from our church and her daughter taught them at mom and dad's pool. They were great with the kids and taught them SOOOOO much. I am so proud of how far they all came. My goal with both kids was to make sure that if they fell in the water, they could save themselves! They easily learned that and more!! Caymin could swim a little, but I was very nervous about her in the deep end. All she would do was dogie paddle and if someone got in the way of where she was going she would panic a little! Anyway, now she is just a fish! She can swim on top of the water, she can swim under the water, she can tread water in the deep and even dive in!!! I am so proud of her!! Carson did great as well. He is only 3 and not to Caymin's level but learned how to swim under water and if he fell in how to get back to the side! His underwater swim is short but with another week of practice I think he will gain more confidence and swim even farther!! I just have to keep reminding him to put his head in and swim!! But I am very proud of his progress. I feel a lot better about him being around the water. Caymin's cousin Lauren also took with us this week! I was very impressed by her! Before this class, she would not put her head in the water much less try and swim!! By the end of the week she was diving in and swimming on top of the water from one end of the pool to the other while putting her face in the water!!! Go Girl!! I was so proud of all the kids this week! and a big THANKS to Ms. Gayla and Ms. Cara!!
Lauren, Carson, Ms. Cara, Caymin and Ms. Gayla. (Missing Emie and Katie)
OMG! Lauren's big plunge going under water!! She has NEVER on purpose put her head under!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Caymin was floating on her back! By the time I took the picture she was coming up! But you get the point!
Lauren swimming from one end to the other!!
Caymin swimming!
Everybody listening to Ms. Gayla!
Carson caught a butterfly while waiting his turn!
Lilly wanted to swim too!
Lauren is getting ready to dive in!
Carson favorite part of the day, playing ring around the rosies we all go under!
Lilly finally got to get in!
Carson practicing swimming to Daddy with his backpack on!
Carson Swimming without floaties!
Go Caymin Go!!!
Go Lauren Go!

2 comments:
Wow! They did great!
They are great fish!!!
Post a Comment