Friday, May 2, 2008

What the heck am I doing???

I am not good and updating the website with all of our pictures so I thought I would blog too!!! ha :) I know I am crazy and this will probably not get updated every often, but it does allow me to procrastinate cleaning the house. But I did think this would be a good place for quick pics and stories. Hopefully help me to remember all the crazy but funny things that are going on in our lives! I am still going to keep my pictures website because it gives me a place to store a large number of pictures. But this site will be good for stories and a cute pic twice a year! ha :) Still learning how to use this thing so their will be nothing fancy, YET!!

a few things to get the ball rolling.......

First congrats to Matt, Missy and Maymie on their new addition Madden Holland! He is a cutie and I know Maymie is going to be a great big sister. Missy is now one of my hero's! She got to the hospital at 11:30 and had Madden at Midnight - NO DRUGS!!! Not on purpose she was just at a 10 by the time she got in the delivery room! You go girl! Not sure I could have done that!!! I went to the hospital to see him the other night but of course forgot my camera. But here is a cute picture I stole from Missy's blog!!




Second and a little funny......

Carson, right now, keeps me on my toes! He is just a mess. Into any and everything! Very much unlike his sister who is a pleaser (like her Mom so Carson must take after his Dad!!!). Anyway, Monday we get up to get ready to go to the zoo. Caymin had a field trip with her class and we were all going! We all get up early, we all get showers and are running right on time. As I finish getting Caymin and myself ready, I yell to Carson to come on let's go we need to be getting in the car. As he comes out of the bathroom (that all ways means trouble when he is in the bathroom alone and quite) with his hair all wet looking and spiked. It had been at least 30 mins. since his shower and I knew it should have been dry by now. I said, "what is wrong with your hair?" He said, "I fixed it Mom" I said, "with what?" He says all excited and proud...."With Thomas Toothpaste!!!" It was literally all over his hair and his hair was as stiff as can be! So I am sooooo frustrated because now I have to rewash his hair and we were doing so good on time! Looking back I wish I would have laughed and taken a picture because it really was kind of funny! But I didn't!! The moral of the story is......Don't sweat the small stuff!! Laugh often and enjoy your kids while they are small! As frustrated as I can get with Carson, he is truly a blessing and I Thank God every night for him! But I also ask God every night to give me patience to deal with him as well!! :) Here are a couple of zoo pictures!!

Look how close we got to the animals??



Carson on the Carousel!



Last but certainly not least.....

Caymin is almost done with Soccer and has been doing GREAT!! I think she has scored at least 1 goal in every game! She has a few games where she was scoring 3!! Go Girl!! I think we might have an athlete in the family after all!! Thanks to her getting her mother's jeans of course! :)

5 comments:

Holly said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Now I can get frustrated with you on both sites for untimely updating! ha ha!! I will add this link to my page when I update it next. I want to change the look but it always deletes all my links so I will wait until I redo to add it!

Segadi Family said...

Look at you... first post and looks like you've been blogging for years!! So glad you're a blogger!!

Courtney said...

Great job! The story about Carson is totally something Grady would do! Very funny :)

Missy said...

Wow -- I knew you would join in sooner or later!! and I made your first post!!
I am jealous you all ready know how to make the background your own-- you will have to show me how!!
Carson is great!!

Jenny said...

So glad you joined the blog world!! And don't feel bad if your updates are few and far between. I use the term "blogcation" for when it's been months since I last posted anything.