Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Fishey Memorial Day!

Chris has been dieing to take our kids fishing. He decided that Memorial day would be the best opportunity! Our friend, Jay Harris, has family that lives just off Nolensville Rd. and has a lake on their property. Jay said it would be fine for us to go there and let the kids try out fishing! Most of you that know me well know that I was not looking forward to it!! I made it clear up front that I was going along to be the photographer and to get a suntan, that was it! :) So us, the Finley's and Gommer and Poptart took off. Luckily Jay and Bryson showed up to fish too. They were very helpful. They helped us learn that we had the wrong hooks on our bamboo polls as well as let us borrow their rob and reel poll that usually caught a fish within 10 seconds of dropping in the bait! I think everyone but Lisa and I caught at least one fish. Caymin and Lauren were the big numbers winners. I think they both caught 5 or 6 a piece. Carson was the size winner. He caught the biggest one. Joyce might have been the smallest fish caught winner! It was tiny, see below! :) All in all, my kids had a great time!! They enjoyed being with their cousins and the excitement of catching fish was great! We might do it more if it weren't for all the bugs, weeds, the fear of the unknown in the weeds and sweat! ha :)

Where we fished! BIG THANKS to Bryson! He was such a good helper and sharer of his fishing poll!!!
Waiting for a bite, which did not take long!
Carson's BIG fish!!
BIG THANKS to Jay as well for all of his help!! He was trying hard to get either of my kids to hold that fish! Caymin is too much like her mommy!! She said No Thanks!!! Carson tried but just could not bring himself to do it! :)
Father Daughter Fishing! I think Chris really enjoyed it!
Caymin reeling it in!!
She got one!!!
One of Lauren's many catches!! My other pictures of her were blurry. Not sure what I was doing! Probably chasing Carson to keep him out of trouble, which you can be sure he got into a few times on our 2 hour trip! :)
Landon's one fishing experience! He was not fired up to be there! I did kind of feel his pain! :)
One of Laken's few she caught! She did well fishing with just the bamboo polls!
Gommer's Baby! You may have to look close to see it! ha :)


A short movie of Carson Reeling his big fish in! Listen how excited everyone got! It really was kind of exciting! :) BTW - all the green stuff is algae. It was all around the banks where we fished, but it didn't slow us down!

Sorry for all the pictures, I just had so many to share! :) Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Missy said...

I am surprised that no one got wet!