Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Big Girl and My Rockstar!!

Two stories I want to share .....First, Tuesday was Caymin's second full day of Kindergarten. She asked if I would just drop her off at the front door like all the other kids. I kept questioning her to make sure she was really sure she didn't need my help. After about the third or forth "YES I AM SURE!!!!" I said ok. Drove right up, she kissed me goodbye and hopped out. She walked right in just like she new exactly what she was doing. Once she got through the doors I saw her stop and start looking. I got nervous but I had to keep moving because there were a ton of cars waiting behind me. As I am pulling off I noticed that she was just waving at someone and then took off to her room!! I emailed Mrs. Calahan just to make sure she made it and called my friend Amber who I had seen standing in the classroom. Amber assured me she made it and Mrs. Calahan wrote me back and said "She did great and was very proud of herself." I was proud of her too!! Not sure I would have done that at her age!! :) As I left the school that morning I had my first moment of tears. It just kind of hit me that she is growing up and becoming a big girl! :( It was a short lived sad moment because Carson made me laugh by telling me he had a surprise for me. I said what?? He said here mom, it's special..... as I turned around to get it, I noticed he was handing me a booger!!! BOYS!!!!!! Booger or not, I needed that! I can always count on Carson for a laugh!!

Caymin's ready for school again. Last "before school" picture I will take, I promise. Wednesday she has PE so we had to wear our tennis shoes!! So glad we had pink and brown ones to match her outfit!! :) As most of you know, I am a matcher. She doesn't have a pair of just white tennis shoes and that has bothered me to know she is going to have to wear tennis shoes two days a week and the likelihood that they won't match what she is wearing. But I am working on my problem! (Working on trying to find some all white tennis shoes!!) :)

And speaking of Carson....We have spent a lot of time together the last few days since preschool has not started we have been staying at home and playing. The other day he wanted to do a show for me with Daddy's Guitar Hero guitar! I said ok. Grabbed my camera and sat on the couch! He just cracks me up!!! What a ham. Check out my video of him!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a big girl! Carson is funny!

Jenny said...

that is so funny! he's so big!

apc24_13_21 said...

ROCK ON CARSON!